YMCA Fitness Kids Club
We offer a Kids Club service to provide quality care and activities to children aged 6 weeks and over while their parents participate in activities within the center. We pride ourselves in providing safe, high quality care and developmental opportunities for young children attending our Kids Club.
Here are some general guidelines that we ask you to be familiar with:
- Bookings must be made 24hours in advance
- Cancellations must be made 2hours in advance
- Your child can attend our Kids Club for a maximum of 2 hours care.
- We advise parents not to re-enter the Kids Club room after leaving your child, as this can be unsettling.
- Please notify us of any changes to care arrangements or medical details. Your child/children’s safety is our highest concern.
Kids Club - Availability
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 12.00pm
Tues to Thurs - 3.30pm to 6.30pm
Saturday - 8am to 12:00pm
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 11.15am
Where the pickup person is not the drop off person, this must be advised to the Kids Club staff upon drop off, otherwise the child will not be released.
Illness/Infectious Disease Procedure
To protect your child, other children and staff, please keep your child at home if they display any symptoms referred to on the Exclusion Table as displayed.
- high temperature
- diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours
- severe cold or flu
- contagious diseases
Should staff discover your child is unwell during their visit; the Parent/Guardian will be notified of symptoms immediately. Other parents will also be notified of the illness in order to take the necessary precautions.
Confirmation from a doctor will be required upon the child's return to ensure they have completely recovered from their ailment.
What To Bring
- Disposable Nappies
- Small blanket for babies
- Plastic bag for disposal
- Change of clothes as required
- Spare pants for toilet training
- Nutritious snack.
All items should be placed in a bag with your child's name clearly labelled.
No peanut products please
Children can have life threatening allergies to nuts and so your assistance is appreciated on this matter. If your child is given any food thought to contain any type of nuts, they will not be allowed to consume it during their time with us.
Included products are (this is not a comprehensive list):
- Peanut Butter & any muesli bars or biscuits which contain this
- Nutella & any muesli bars or biscuits which contain this
- Loose nuts - all varieties
Healthy eating habits are recommended. We do not allow junk foods such as chips, lollies and soft drinks.
Kids Club lost property will remain in the lost property box in the Kid’s Club room for up to 4 weeks. Items not collected prior to this time will be donated to charity. Valuable items will be held in the centre’s safe.
By receiving your feedback we can be sure that we are meeting your needs. You are welcome to discuss any concerns you may have with our friendly Kids Club staff or email us. In the event that we are unable to meet your needs or individual requirements we will be happy to refer you to our Centre Manager.